Get a demo of all functionality to learn about Envoke’s approach to email marketing & communications.
Effective as of May 28, 2019
- What personal information we collect and why we collect it;
- How we use your personal information;
- Who we share your personal information with; and
- The choices you have to access, update, and remove your personal information from the service.
Envoke manages the collection of all information in accordance with Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Please note that Envoke reserves the right to update or change this Policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by posting an updated Policy on this website or as made available through the services. The most current version of this Policy will govern Envoke’s use of users’ personal information. By continuing to access Envoke’s website or by continuing to use its services after changes are made to this Policy, you agree to be bound by the revised terms.
Consent for Personal Information
By providing Envoke with your personal information through our website or any of our forms, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of such information in accordance with this Policy or for the purposes identified to you at the time you provided the personal information. Any secondary use of the personal information will only be processed with your express consent, or you will be provided with an opportunity to opt-out.
You have the opportunity to withdraw your consent, or to opt-out at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent or to opt-out at any time, you may click on the communications preferences link on the bottom of any email you receive from us, or by contacting Envoke’s Privacy Compliance Officer, listed at the end of this Policy.
Information We Collect
Envoke collects and processes personal information in accordance with this Policy. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others, except as accounted for in this Policy. Envoke collects personal information for the purposes of providing our services or products to you.
The types of information that Envoke collects includes:
Envoke Account Holders
- Registration Information: If you sign up to use services, you need an Envoke account to become an account holder (“Account Holder”). When you register for an account, you will be asked to provide certain basic information, such as your name, email address, username, password, company name, occupation, location, and phone number. Passwords are encrypted – Envoke staff is unable to view or retrieve passwords.
- Billing information: If you subscribe to our services, you will need to provide us with payment and billing information.
- IP Addresses: IP addresses are collected about you as part of your use of the services (e.g. for the purpose of recording country level location and IP addresses used when using our services).
- Distribution list: As part of your use of our services, you may provide us with, or we may collect as part of the services, personal information about your contacts (“Contacts”). This information includes email addresses and may include other identifiable information such as name, company name or other information you provide to Envoke while using the services. You must ensure that you acquire the appropriate consent from your Contacts to allow their information to be processed by us.
- IP Addresses: IP addresses are collected about your Contacts as part of the services (e.g. for the purpose of recording country level location and the IP addresses used when submitting a form and supplying consent).
Information We Collect about Your Contacts
*This section only applies to information collected, used or disclosed by Envoke about an Account Holder’s Contacts for the purposes of providing the services*
Envoke will only collect, use or disclose personal information about Contacts if the Account Holder has registered for certain services where they provide us with a distribution list. Account Holders are solely responsible for ensuring that they have complied with all applicable laws when providing personal information about their Contacts to Envoke through the services.
Information Envoke automatically collects
Information we collect about a Contact’s device and the applications Contact uses to access emails sent from the Account Holder, through our services, may include Contact’s IP address, operating system, browser ID, and other related information about Contact’s system and connection.
Information we collect about Contact’s interaction with emails sent through the services may include dates and times that Contact accesses email and browsing activities, and information regarding the performance of the services, such as the deliverability of emails and other communications sent to Contact by an Account Holder through the services.
Please note, Envoke will not contact any of Your Contacts, unless required by applicable law.
Why We Collect Your Information
Envoke collects information for the following purposes:
- to provide Envoke Account Holders with the services they subscribe for, including using Account Holder information for the services;
- for administration and account management, as well as access to Envoke’s website;
- if you have consented to receiving marketing and promotional materials, to inform you of other products and services offered by Envoke; and
- to respond to Account Holder communications or to send information requested by you. This may include, but is not limited to:
- special offers and updates;
- newsletter; and
- service announcements.
You may, at any time, choose to opt-out of receiving communications by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of each email sent from Envoke to you.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information submitted to Envoke, including through Envoke’s website or a prescribed form, is kept strictly confidential unless disclosed in accordance with an Account Holder’s express consent or legal requirements. In any event, any personal information provided on any Envoke platform by Account Holders is voluntary: any personal information provided by an Account Holder is submitted at the Account Holder’s discretion. Please note that revoking your consent may result in not being able to access or utilize certain Envoke services.
Envoke uses third parties and outside service providers with respect to its website and services. Account Holder’s personal information may be shared with such third parties and providers. We may also provide aggregated statistics about Account Holders, sales, traffic patterns and related information to reputable third parties. Envoke requires that any third party provider that has access to personal information be bound by obligations consistent with this Policy and that such providers only collect, use or disclose Account Holder’s personal information for the purposes of providing Envoke services.
Personal information provided by Account Holders will not be sold, shared, or rented to outside organizations unless in accordance with your implied or express consent. Envoke reserves the right to contact any Account Holders in order to forward information, respond to questions or provide notification of any changes to our program or our policies. Please note, Envoke will not contact any of your Contacts, unless required by applicable law.
Envoke will disclose personal information only if consent is given by the relevant individual or:
- when permitted or required by law, such as in response to a subpoena or other legal process;
- to a transferee of all or part of Envoke;
- to Envoke’s service providers in accordance with this Policy; or
- to meet legal obligations, including but not limited to regulatory reporting obligations.
Envoke uses the following third parties and service providers (personal information of your Contacts is not disclosed to such third parties):
- We use Intercom to provide website chat services for sales and support, as well as follow up emails about these conversations.
- We use AskNicely to survey our customers for the purpose of asking about the quality of service and support they receive.
- We use Appointlet to schedule customer and prospective customer meetings, support calls and software demos.
- We use Google Analytics to track anonymous website activity and measure the usage patterns on our website.
Envoke shall comply with, and provide Account Holders with reasonable assistance in compliance with applicable laws with respect to any unauthorized use, access or disclosure of personal information.
Your Rights and Access
You have the right to access personal information that Envoke processes about you. You can request from us information about –
- The personal information we hold about you
- The categories of personal information concerned
- The purposes of the processing
- Details to whom your personal information has/will be disclosed
- How long we retain your personal information
- If we did not collect the information directly from you, information about the source
- how to lodge a complaint with the correct supervisory authority
You may also request from us the following-
- That we update any incomplete or inaccurate information about you
- Request that we delete your personal information in accordance with applicable laws
You may request we action your rights by contacting us at 421-401 Richmond Street West, Toronto, Ontario Canada M5V 3A8, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Envoke is committed to being accountable for the personal and confidential information that you provide to us. We have designated a Privacy Compliance Officer to handle privacy matters and inquiries regarding personal information. For contact information, please see the end of this Policy.
Links to Other Sites
Envoke’s website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that Envoke is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage our Account Holders to be aware that when they leave our site, they should thoroughly read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
If you use a link to go from the Envoke site to purchase products or services, you are completing a purchase transaction according to the rules and regulations of the vendor company, not Envoke.
Cookies are widely used to add functionality to websites, or to ensure they work more efficiently. Our site relies on cookies to optimise the user experience and ensure the sites services function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services. For more information about cookies please visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.
Envoke makes efforts to protect confidential information of all types, including personal information, with organizational, physical, mechanical and electronic safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Our servers are located in Canada, and follow industry standards pertaining to security.
Please note, however, that we cannot guarantee that the measures we maintain will guarantee the security of the information.
Access, Questions and Concerns
An individual who has submitted personal information to Envoke may submit a written request to access or correct his or her personal information retained by Envoke.
All correspondence should be sent to the following address:
Envoke Privacy Compliance Officer
421-401 Richmond Street West
Telephone: (416) 840 2300
Start a 30 day trial
Start a fully loaded trial account
30 days free access: