Terms of Service Overview
The following key points (including section references) are provided for your convenience only and are not in lieu of the full terms of service located here. It is your responsibility to read those terms of service before using the Envoke Service.
Using Envoke means you agree to the terms of service and represent and warrant you’re authorized by your organization or company to do so. (see s.3 “How it works”)
Envoke is a permission-based marketing service. Deliberate sending of “spam” or violating the Terms of Service will result in the closing of your account. (see s.16 “Acceptable Use of the Service”)
Data you host in Envoke such as contact records, email content and information you collect through Envoke belongs to you. (see s.14 “What do you own?”).
The Envoke software and the content on our website belong to us. (see s.13 “What do we own?”)
Apart from your own users, the data or unpublished content you host with Envoke can be only be viewed by Envoke employees and partners who have signed confidentiality agreements. (see s.14 “What do you own?”).
All Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is held only on servers located in Canada. (see s.14 “What do you own?”).
The Envoke service is subject to the laws of Canada and the province of Ontario. (see s.24 “Governing Law”)
Any requests for your data or content by individuals, police or other regulatory agencies from within Canada or outside of Canada will always be referred to you. The only exception would be if this puts us in violation of Canadian or Ontario law; however, in all cases we will strenuously resist any release of your data by anyone but you. (see s.14 “What do you own?”).
Envoke security is only as good as your management of usernames and passwords. We don’t charge for Envoke user accounts so create a separate one for each user and keep passwords secret. You are responsible for your account. (see s.3 “How it works”)
You can cancel your account at any time. We do not provide refunds on any unused credit if you cancel. (see s.3 “How it works”)
We can cancel your account at any time. We do provide refunds for email credits and unused services if we cancel your account. (see s.3 “How it works”)
Your data will be deleted after cancellation and may also be deleted if an account user has not logged in for 12 months or more. We will maintain aggregated data from your account that does not include personally identifiable information for statistical purposes. (see s.3 “How it works”)
Email credits are purchased on a pay-as-you-go basis and never expire. The only exception is if you haven’t logged on to your account for 12 months. In this case, we reserve the right to delete your account, your data and the associated credits. (see s.10 “What do I pay for the Service?”)
We work hard to ensure Envoke is up and running at all times and to provide advance notice if we need to temporarily suspend the service for maintenance. However, we do not guarantee the service will be up and running at all times and we’re not liable for any losses you suffer from using Envoke, including losses on your part if the system is not running at a time you need it. (see s.17 “Disclaimers”).
We don’t monitor your content or who you send messages to. However, we do monitor complaints and other problems created by your activities. Too many complaints or problems can result in the cancellation of your service at our discretion. (see s.7 “Monitoring”)
We’re committed to providing excellent Product Support to help you become self-sufficient with Envoke. We provide support in the form of documentation and video on our website, the Envoke support ticket system and by telephone. There’s no charge for product support; however, we reserve the right to discontinue support for specific client accounts at our discretion. (see s.5 “Support”)
Product Services is for those times when you want us to do some work related to Envoke rather than do it yourself. Our rate for Product Services is $135 per hour. We also provide consulting services at higher rates. We reserve the right to change our rates at any time. (see s.6 “Product and Consulting Services”)
We will inform you if we believe there’s been a breach of your data and will make an effort to provide related details and information. (see s.14 “What do you own?”)
We reserve the right to make changes to this agreement at any time. We will attempt to inform you about changes to the terms and conditions but use of the service means you agree to changes in the Terms. (see s.9 “Changes”).
Envoke Terms of Service
LAST UPDATE: MAY 28, 2019Please read these terms and conditions of service (the “Terms“) carefully before using this web site (the “Site“). These Terms exempt Bettermarketing Inc. o/a Envoke. (“Bettermarketing“, “Envoke” “we“, or “us“) and others from liability and/or limit our and their liability and contain other important provisions that apply to your use of this Site. By visiting or using this Site or the Service, you agree on your own behalf, and on behalf of any organization on whose behalf you may act (collectively referred to herein as “you“), to accept and abide by these Terms for each use of and each visit to this Site.
- Our Services.
- How it works.
- be at least eighteen (18) years old and able to enter into contracts;
- complete the registration process that we have set out;
- agree to these Terms; and
- provide true, complete, and up to date contact and billing/payment information.
- Emailing Content.
- Product and Consulting Services.
- What do I pay for the Service?
- How do I pay for the Service?
- Can I get a refund?
- What do we own?
- What do you own?
Rules and Abuse
- Reporting Abuse
- Acceptable Use of the Service.
- only use the Service in a way that complies with the law and regulations, including data protection, electronic communication, and privacy laws that apply to the countries where you are sending any Email.
- not use the Service to spam, or send any Email that is unlawful, harmful, abusive, harassing, offensive, infringing, invasive of personal privacy, defamatory, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable.
- not use the Service to send any Email that relates to gambling, credit cards, debt collection, pharmaceuticals, or adult content.
- not modify, reverse engineer, decompile, create derivative works from, or disassemble this Site or Service for any reason whatsoever, including for the purpose of creating competitive products or services.
- not do anything that will interfere with the proper working of the Service, and you will not upload or send invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service.
- have all the necessary permissions to send Your Content and to allow us to send the Emails you create to that individual on your behalf.
- Equitable Relief.
- Links to Other Web Sites.
- Third Party Requests.
- Governing Law.
- Further Assurances.
- Entire Agreement.
- All provisions of these Terms which by their nature or import are intended to survive expiration or termination of these Terms, shall survive, including, without limitation, Sections 17-19.